Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Community Service - Bocce Ball

On Sunday April 22nd, Me and my boyfriend offered to volunteer at the Bocce Ball Special Olympics tournament. I wanted to do this experience because I have never really surrounded myself around special-needs people and knew that it would be something different. I realized how grateful I am to have what I have, and to offer my assistance to others showed that people could really make an impact in someone else's life. Within my 9 hours there, I was able to meet many new people. Within our different groups, I was able to communicate with different people also. While assisting our elderly group, I met a woman named Debbie and me and her talked about many different topics that I knew meant a lot to her. She was very happy to just communicate to someone and her happiness made me joyful to know that just talking to her can make her day. After their game finished, I helped her to go get her lunch in her wheelchair and she constantly thanked me for a great day. After my Bocce Ball experience, I know I will become more active in my community because impacting someone else's life in a positive way, makes me sparklingly delighted.

1 comment:

  1. It really is a great feeling when you help those around you, and it's awesome to hear that your experience with it was so fantastic that you want to go right back into volunteering again.

    ReplyDelete